Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sisters by chance, Friends by choice (mwm 42)

 I feel like my scrapbooking time has been so limited these last few weeks - I was happy to have time to scrap today! I guess starting a new job and beginning working will impact the amount of personal time one has! I'll be honest - at first, I wasn't sure how I felt about this sketch (I think I really just wasn't in the scraping mode). I am so glad I decided to use this layout to make a birthday present for my sister!


I've had these My Mind's Eye: So Sophie/Graceful papers in my collection for several weeks, and haven't really had any pictures to use them with so I was really excited when I realized this picture taken over the weekend would go perfectly with this paper collection! I took some Prima Marketing flowers and added a little bit of Cranberry Zing Glimmer Mist to make them the right color, and added some iRock studs to the centers. I also used some white fabric Thickers, and sprayed them with both Sand & Cranberry Zing colored Glimmer Mists. I like the way it turned out, and hope my sister likes it!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I love what you did with the i-rock gems! Which color did you spray first on the Thickers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used several spritzes of the Sand first, then to make it a little purple-y I did just a couple light sprays of the Cranberry Zing! I was seriously so worried I was going to completely ruin the thickers! I guess if I did, I would probably live - considering how many packages of them I have! (but this is actually my only package of this type!)

    ReplyDelete